Roast Monk Fish RecipeCategory: MonkFish Recipes
1. Monk fish tail (2lb)
2. extra virgin olive oil
4. finely chopped shallots (2)
5. roughly chopped Bunc dill (1large)
6. roughly chopped Bunc chervil (1small)
7. salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
8. Pancetta, thinly sliced (175g about 6oz)
9. chopped parsley (2tsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. First heat the oven to 180 degrees C. While taking fish from the fishmonger ask him to remove the cartilaginous bone but leave 2â€ attached to the flesh at the end of the tail.
2. Take a sheet of kitchen foil and lay it on the flat surface and then dribble a little olive oil over it. Rub the oil all over the sheet with your fingers. Now lay down the slices of pancetta, slightly overlapping and then lay the monk fish on the pancetta.
3. To make the herb mix, take green herbs, blanch, drain and refresh them. Take some butter and sweat down the shallots in the butter and then put in the food processor with dill, parsley and chervil.
4. Mix them together and then spread the paste along the length of the tail. Now meet the two halves of the tail together to sandwich the herbs. Bring up the sides of the pancetta around the fish.
5. Wrap the foil tightly around the fish and then place it in the oven to bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish gets firm to touch.
More Fish Recipes
- Roast Monkfish with Parma Ham, Pesto Noodles and A Sauce Vi Recipe
- Pan Roasted Monkfish Steak with Merlot Recipe
- Italian Style Monkfish Recipe
- Monkfish with Lemon Oil On Green Lentils Recipe
- Monk Fish with Zucchini and Yogurt Recipe
- Pan Fried Monkfish Wrapped In Spec Bacon Recipe
- Monkfish Oreganata Recipe
- Monk Fish with Almond Sauce Recipe
- Monkfish with Sweet Potato Hazelnut Crust Recipe
- Bombay Monkfish Recipe